We believe strongly in providing equal opportunities for pupils and staff alike at Tibberton.
Equality Targets for the Tibberton CE Primary School and St Lawrence CE Primary School Federtation for the School Year 2019-2020
The Equalities Act (2010) requires that schools and other public services show that they are advancing the equalities agenda by publishing objectives that are specific and measurable.
At Tibberton CE Primary School, and at St Lawrence CE Primary School, we are committed to ensuring that our targets reflect the school Christian ethos and values, assisting all pupils to achieve their maximum potential in a highly supportive and nurturing environment.
Our equality targets are as follows:
- Pupils who are entitled to Pupil Premium Grant will achieve levels of attainment that are in line with all pupils nationally.
- Pupils with SEND will have progress at least in line with all pupils.
The Public Sector Equality Duty 2011 has three aims under the general duty for schools/academies and other settings:
- To eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act by removing or minimising disadvantages suffered by people due to their protected characteristics. The eight protected groups relate to race, disability, sex, gender reassignment, age, pregnancy and maternity, religion and belief and sexual orientation.
- To advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not by taking steps to meet the needs of people from protected groups where these are different from the needs of other people.
- To foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not by encouraging people from protected groups to participate in public life or in other activities where their participation is disproportionately low
Gifted & Talented
SEND – Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
If you’d like to read more about how we deal with SEND at our school, you can do so on our SEND page: