Free School Meals: Reception to Year 2 (KS1)
All children who are in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 will be offered a free healthy school lunch, however, we would ask that you still apply for Free School Meals through the normal channels if you are claiming any one of the income support items listed below. By doing this, the school will receive additional funding from another source called Pupil Premium from Central Government. This funding will provide valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities.
Eligibility: Your child, or children, may qualify for Free School Meals if you meet the following criteria:
- you or your partner have a child for whom you receive Child Benefit and who is attending a school or college in Telford and Wrekin
and you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income gross income of no more than £16,190)
- support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Pension Credit (guaranteed credit)
- Universal Credit and your household income is less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
If you have any questions or need help with your application, please come and see us in the school office.