Revision – Please continue to revise for your SAT’s. If you need anything else to support you please let me know.
Tuesday – We have started to look at our Pop-Up Festival book, ‘Cogheart’ by Peter Bunzel. One of the main characters in the book is Malkin; he is a mechanimal.
A mechanimal is a mechanical-animal a bit like Malkin in Cogheart. They are mechanical pets who you need to wind up to make go, and they have their own skills and personalities. Have a go at designing your own mechanimal now and then write a short description of it.
Make sure you answer all the following questions.
- If you could have any kind of mechanical animal what would it be?
- What’s its name? Can it talk?
- What is its appearance?
- What’s its personality like?
- What are it’s like and dislikes?
- What are its special skills and abilities?
- Can it do anything a normal robot can’t do?
- Is it a pet or more like a wild animal? And as a result what is its diet and habitat like?
Your homework needs to be completed on A3 plain white paper (which I have provided). It should include a labelled picture (which is coloured) of your mechanimal and then a written description. It MUST be presented to the best of your ability and written to a high standard.
For inspiration see Peter Bunzel’s website. Check out the following link –
Friday – Spelling revision sheets.